We all remember the dreaded day our school report cards were sent out. I know I always personally hated that week! I never knew what I would find when I opened that letter, or worse when my parents saw the report. I always hoped I had done well enough to pass the class but I was never confident. So many times we approach our websites with the same unsettled feelings. Is my website good enough? How does my website stack up against the competition? What can I do to make it better?
Website design at 5j Design are something we know a lot about. We know more than ever people are searching the web for solutions to their needs. If our websites are not making the grade we potential miss out on reaching those who are looking.
We want to help you out by offering a FREE Website Grade. Allow our professional team of web designers and marketing strategists to look over your website and give you a grade for your site's performance. Our team will give you a one page review with steps to improve your website.
When we grade a website we look at these 5 criteria:
Optimizing your website's performance is crucial to increasing traffic, improving conversion rates, generating more leads, and increasing revenue.
- Page size
- The heavier the site page, the slower the load. For optimal performance, try to keep page size below 3MB.
- Page request's
- The more HTTP requests your website makes, the slower it becomes. Combine files to minimize the number of requests made.
- Page speed
- Best-in-class web pages should load within 3 seconds. Any slower and visitors will abandon your site, reducing conversions and sales.
Traffic from mobile devices is growing fast. Optimize your website for mobile or you'll miss out on valuable traffic, leads, and revenue.
- Over 20% of Google searches are being performed on a mobile device.
- In 2012 more than half of the local searches were performed on a mobile device.
- In the United States, 25% of internet users only access the internet on a mobile device
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience
- 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets.
Responsive design gives you a bump in search rankings for searches on mobile devices.
Make sure your website is easy for users to discover—and easy for search bots to understand—with better page titles, headings, and meta descriptions. See more on SEO by clicking here.
- Page titles
- Page titles should be no longer than 70 characters in length and not repeat keywords.
- Meta descriptions
- Meta descriptions should be no longer than 155 characters in length and should be relevant to the page.
- Heading tags distinguish headings from core page content.
- Site map
- Site maps help users navigate your site quickly and easily.
SSL certificates protect websites from attacks and give visitors confidence that your site is authentic and trustworthy.
#5. Next steps
With anything it's a good idea to make some practical next steps to fix and and update. We will give you some ways you can implement some changes for each of the 5 areas we grade.
Don't wait any longer to allow our professional team of graphic and web designers to look over your website, and give you a grade. Our team will give you a one page review and grade with steps to improve your website. Click below to receive your free grade.